White is such a beautiful color, evoking images of elaborate weddings, fragrant lilies, and shimmering pearls alike.
Being a neutral color, it matches with any other color you can think of, whether it’s a bright neon or a saturated shade. It can also create contrast with darker shades for a bold look. And what better way to incorporate this amazing color into a white butterfly nail design? Let’s take a look at some of them today.
1. Burgundy and Rose Gold Glitter Nails With White Butterflies
Burgundy and rose gold is a gorgeous combination that looks royal and is perfect for fall.
Since these are both darker tones, white butterflies will stand out far more against the colors and create a striking contrast. I recommend wearing this nail design with your favorite burgundy skirt. Buy these nails at Etsy.
2. White French Tip Nails With Butterflies
Keep things simple by adding a few white butterflies to classic white french tip nails. Buy these nails at Etsy.
3. Translucent Nails With White Butterflies
Instead of having butterflies as accents like in some designs, you can have them be the focal point by painting them over some translucent nail polish. Buy these nails at Etsy.
4. White and Black Butterfly Nails With Silver Rhinestones
Another way to create contrast in your design is to have black on one hand and white on the other. Accent both sides with butterflies for an elegant twist. Buy these nails at Etsy.
5. Transparent Nails With Silver Glitter and White Butterflies
If you’re all for a glitzy and glamorous nail design, go all-out with a glittery backdrop and some white holographic butterflies.
While the color palette is kept relatively simple, the shimmering nature of both the glitter and holographic butterflies is enough to turn heads. Buy these nails at Etsy.
6. Long White Butterfly Nails
Add some fine glitter over transparent nail polish, then put some cute white butterflies on top to finish it off.
You can use this for one or two nails, then keep the rest of the design a solid color for a more subtly elegant look. Buy these nails at Etsy.
7. White Butterfly Nails With Fade Effect
If you only want a few butterflies without them taking over the whole design, this one might be for you. Add some butterflies on the end of a few nails (just two in this design) and then paint over them with some white nail polish.
Then add some transparent nail polish and blend the two together where they meet. This will make the butterflies look like they’re fading into the design. Buy these nails at Etsy.
8. White Pearl and Butterfly Nails
Pearls aren’t just for jewelry — they also serve as beautiful nail accents. They go well with pearlescent butterflies for a timeless, elegant aesthetic. Buy these nails at Etsy.
9. Black Nails With Silver Line Details and White Butterflies
I like how this design has butterflies in different locations since it creates a varied look. It also doesn’t look too random since the butterflies are all outlined in silver and black. Buy these nails at SHEIN.
10. Nude French Tip Nails With White Butterflies
If you’re looking for a simple nail design, just create some nude french tips. Then outline them with white and add a matching white butterfly to complete the look. Buy these nails at SHEIN.
11. Pink Cloud and Sparkle Nails With Butterflies
Adding some white clouds, sparkles, and butterflies over baby pink nails is enough to create a cute and dreamy look. Buy these nails at Amazon.
12. Green French Tip Nails With White Butterflies
If you want a unique and colorful look, use a bright shade of green to create french tip nails and add white butterflies for a finishing touch. Buy these nails at Amazon.
13. White French Coffin Nails With Pearls and Butterflies
Another way to incorporate pearls is as a frame for your french coffin nails. Use a white butterfly to fill in the space, and then you have a nail design perfect for your next formal event. Buy these nails at Amazon.
14. White Nails With Silver Rhinestones and White Butterflies
At first glance, these nails almost look ombre, but the white is actually slightly translucent, so the pink of the nails underneath shows through.
If you have a light-colored nail polish that’s slightly translucent as well, you could replicate a similar unique effect. Then accent the design with some butterflies and rhinestones for a subtle glam look.
15. Blue Nails With Silver Glitter and White Butterflies
I mentioned dreamy baby pink nails earlier, and you can achieve a similar look with its blue counterpart. Instead of adding sparkles and clouds, thought, butterflies, and glitter are enough to do the trick.
16. Pink Nails With White Butterflies
White and pink are a cute combination, especially when you get white butterflies involved. Wear these with your favorite white denim skirt or pink dress.
17. Lavender Nails With White Butterflies
Lavender is such a beautiful color, yet it’s often underrated as far as outfits are concerned. It has a calming look, and it goes well with other pastel colors or light neutrals like these white butterflies.
18. Pink Nails With White Butterflies and Sparkle Details
Add some white butterflies and sparkle details to your favorite shade of pink for an adorable nail design.
19. White Sparkle Nails With Black and White Butterflies and Rhinestones
Create some contrast in your all-white butterfly nail look by adding a black butterfly or two.
20. White and Green Butterfly Nails
Whether it’s spring or summer, a white and green butterfly nail look is perfect for pairing with your favorite OOTD.
21. Magenta Nails with White Butterflies
I love magenta — it’s such a striking color that instantly stands out no matter what it’s used for, and that goes for nail designs, too. It’s also a great backdrop for white butterfly nails since the color is so saturated.
22. White and Blue Butterfly Nails and Rhinestones
Mix a meadow of white and blue butterflies with some glitter and rhinestones for a luxurious nail design.
23. Blue Nails With White Butterflies and Silver Rhinestones
Want your white butterfly nails to have beachy vibes? Start with a turquoise base color like this nail design.
24. White Flowers and Butterflies With Rhinestones
I love the way the butterflies were made in this nail design. The wings are the same as the flower petals, but there’s a crystal in the center of each for the body and some painted antennae.
This design would look beautiful for a party or even a wedding due to its glam style.
25. Orange Ombre and Marble Nails With Glitter
Besides lavender, orange often doesn’t get enough love. It goes well with white butterflies, as seen here, and adding metallic glitter can keep it from having an orange creamsicle aesthetic.
Summary and Top Picks
Did you enjoy looking at all of these white butterfly nail designs? Whether you’re going for a cute look with some baby pink nails or an elegant look with nude nails, adding white butterflies may be the touch you need to take your design to the next level. I also love how white butterflies work with every color, from orange to magenta to lavender and more.
Personally, my favorites of these looks were:
- #8 White Pearl and Butterfly Nails: These pearlescent nails were ultra-stylish, and they match with nearly every outfit you can think of.
- #21 Magenta Nails with White Butterflies: I loved the magenta color used in this nail design. The white butterflies really contrast with it for a stunning look.
- #24 White Flowers and Butterflies With Rhinestones: This is definitely one of the most glamorous white butterfly nail designs I’ve seen. I love how the rhinestones are incorporated into both the flowers and butterflies for a seamless look.
But what do you think? Which of these white butterfly nail designs was your absolute favorite? Let me know in the comments!