There are protective styles, and then there are those braided styles that go above and beyond to keep your natural tresses intact. To this day, one of the best ways to achieve that is the knotless technique.
Knotless braids do away with the tight knot used to intertwine synthetic hair with your own, thus placing less stress on your scalp and helping you to preserve your hair. After all, the goal is to give your tresses a break and strengthen them in the process.
Everywhere, women are asking their stylists about the knotless technique, and one of the trendiest ways to rock the look is in a jumbo braid style. Meaning the thicker the braids, the better!
Jumbo knotless braids won’t last months on end, but for the several weeks that they do, you’ll be looking fabulous while wearing them, able to try new styles in no time, thanks to the ease on your scalp.
Without further ado, here are jumbo knotless braid styles you need to see!
1. Black and Brown Jumbo Knotless Braids
Go for a neutral combo, pairing black with synthetic brown hair. Wear the majority of the style in black with a few braids in brown to give the effect of highlights.
2. Black Jumbo Knotless Braids
It’s versatility at its best when you wear all-black jumbo knotless braids. If you want an all-rounder that looks great with absolutely anything, this look is perfect.
3. Black, Brown, and White Knotless Jumbo Braids
I love braids that feature streaks of other colors, especially when it’s a fall-worthy look such as this one. Black is the main hue, complemented by light brown and white for an overall chic finish.
4. Black Jumbo Knotless Goddess Braids
I’ve got a special love for goddess braids. Those cute tendrils being my favorite part. Worn in a jumbo knotless style, it couldn’t get any better than this.
5. Blonde Jumbo Knotless Bohemian Braids
Blonde braids are another fave. The way this color complements my outfits is second to none. Blonde braids simply make everything way more stylish.
6. Black Jumbo Knotless Braids With High Ponytail and Beads
Ponytails keep on winning. When you’re tired of your hair falling over your shoulder, especially in those warmer months, a high ponytail is an effective and cute way to stay cool. Pop on a few beads to add your personal touch.
7. Brown Jumbo Knotless Braids With Triangular Parts
Two things caught my eye with this knotless braid style. The brown hue is the first. You know I love neutrals, and if it’s not black, it’s usually brown instead. Secondly, the triangular parts are super neat—a big plus for any braid lover.
8. Black and Blonde Jumbo Knotless Braids
Another common combo you can try is black with blonde. For this look, a few braids are done all-black while the others combine both hues to add a trendy twist.
9. Black Jumbo Knotless Braids With Clear Beads
Dress up classic black braids by adding beads to the end of each. Keep your look simple by opting for clear beads. The finished look will be super cute nonetheless.
10. Black and Brown Ombre Jumbo Knotless Braids
A little ombre is always welcome. For simplicity, transition from black to brown toward the end of the style. You can never go wrong when pairing these two shades.
11. Shoulder-Length Black Jumbo Knotless Goddess Braids
Your braids don’t have to be long for you to be fashionable. Shoulder length styles save you time and look stylish just the same. If that’s the goal for you this trip, these jumbo knotless goddess braids are highly recommended.
12. Brown Jumbo Knotless Braids
Brown braids give you the opportunity to enjoy a stylish look without going for the common option, which is black. It’s a popular alternative when you need a change in color.
13. Brown Jumbo Knotless Braids Over-the-Shoulder
Just by wearing your brown braids over the shoulder, you’ll achieve a flirty look with an elegant touch. This style is especially cute when you’re dressed in sleeveless or off-the-shoulder tops or dresses.
14. Blonde Jumbo Knotless Braids With Clear Beads
When your braids are so cute, sometimes the first thing you want to do is dress them up with accessories. Just like the jumbo blonde braids, amped up by clear beads.
15. Blonde Jumbo Knotless Braids Pulled-Back
Pull your blonde braids to the back to reveal that natural glow they give you. This look works well for those days when you’re running errands and rocking a casual outfit.
16. Sleek Brown Jumbo Knotless Box Braids
Sleek edges always make your braids look the best. Paired with the knotless technique, your protective style will look super neat, which is always the aim.
17. Black and White Jumbo Knotless Braids
Complement your black braids with a few woven in white. The high contrast is so eye-catching and trendy.
18. Black and Purple Jumbo Knotless Braids
Bring your protective style to life with bursts of color using a vibrant hue such as purple. Black and purple braids are both edgy and girly at the same time, so you’ll have the best of both worlds.
19. Brown and Burgundy Jumbo Knotless Braids
This is an unusual combo, but it’s fashionable nonetheless and will look amazing for fall fashion. Brown and burgundy both have warm undertones and a natural classiness to them that will add a touch of sophistication to your OOTDs.
20. Bold Red Jumbo Knotless Goddess Braids
Nothing’s hotter than bold red braids. Rock your jumbo knotless style in this fiery color to make a lasting statement and turn even the most casual outfit into a fashionable fit.
21. Black and Brown Ombre Jumbo Knotless Braids With Beads
Not only do these braids feature two of my favorite neutrals, but they’re accessorized by beads at the end of each plait for a cute touch. This look wins in every way.
22. Blue Jumbo Knotless Braids
I don’t see blue braids being worn often enough, but that’s the very reason you should try them. You’re bound to look set apart, flaunting this bright hue in a jumbo knotless style.
23. Platinum Blonde and Burgundy Jumbo Knotless Braids
For the most stylish effect, wearing colored braids has become a go-to. If you don’t want the colors to be too bright to avoid them clashing, a vivid platinum blonde with deep burgundy will be a perfect match.
24. Black Jumbo Knotless Braids With Gold Hair Cords
Sometimes all you need are a few hair accessories to transform your protective style. Take these classic black braids, for example, and how easily they’re accentuated by these gold hair cords.
25. Golden Brown Jumbo Knotless Braids With High Ponytail
This golden brown ponytail is simply gorgeous! The color really pops out at you, and it has a certain elegance to it that I appreciate. Worn in a high ponytail with two braids along either side of the face, that classiness is enhanced.
26. Black and Pink Jumbo Knotless Braids With High Ponytail
Black and pink braids are still as popular as ever. Wearing a few plaits in pink will add a girly flair to your look. Amp things up by styling your braids in a half-up hairdo with a high ponytail.
27. Black and Gray Ombre Jumbo Knotless Double Dutch Braids
Knotless double dutch braids are among the cutest protective styles you can think of. You can make them even more flattering with an ombre blend from black to gray. It’s one of the trendiest color combinations ever.
28. Black Jumbo Knotless Cornrow Braids With High Ponytail
Let’s not forget the impact knotless cornrows have. This cute style makes it super easy for you to rock your braids in a ponytail, and with the feed-in technique, you can be assured that your edges will look naturally sleek.
29. Black and Blonde Jumbo Knotless Braids
Black braids with gold highlights are undeniably gorgeous, with a natural and vivid glow that will make anything you pair these braids with look immaculate.
30. Black and Red Jumbo Knotless Braids
If all-red braids are too vibrant this time around, streaks of red amidst black braids will be a lovely balance. Plus, black and red make a stellar combo and bring an edgy flair.
31. Black and Blonde Jumbo Knotless Braids With Cornrows and Beads
Add beads to your black and blonde braids to complement the chic color combination. Another thing I love about this style is the small cornrows braided in between each section. They add such a unique touch to this look.
32. Black Jumbo Knotless Braids With Heart-Shaped Cornrow
Heart-shaped cornrows are gaining popularity, and I definitely see why. They make your braids stand out in the cutest way, bringing a flirty feel to your protective style.
33. Maroon Jumbo Knotless Braids With High Ponytail and Curls
Not only do I love the color of these braids, but the loose curls are also everything! I love how they flow down the side of the face effortlessly from that sassy high ponytail that they’re tied in.
34. Black Jumbo Knotless Bohemian Braids With High Ponytail
I love the disheveled look that bohemian braids have. They give a relaxed vibe when paired with jumbo knotless braids. Rock the look in a high ponytail for a dolled-up style.
35. Brown Jumbo Knotless Braids With Criss-Cross Cornrows
After wearing protective styles for a while, it’s easy for your inspiration to wane. When wearing jumbo knotless braids, I recommend switching things up with criss-cross cornrows. You’ll love how stylish everything looks.
36. Brown Jumbo Knotless Cornrow Braids With Side Buns
Your creativity doesn’t have to go to waste just because you’re wearing a protective style.
This look is perfect for showcasing your personal style with a braided look as jumbo cornrows are braided around the head, and fashioned into elegant knots at the side.
37. Black Jumbo Knotless French Braids With Small Cornrow
Rock your knotless french braids in chunky cornrows, one higher than the other, separated by a small cornrow braided in between to add versatility to your look.
38. Black and Blonde Ombre Jumbo Knotless Braids With Triangular Parts
There are so many ways you can set your jumbo knotless cornrow braids apart. The way your hair is sectioned is one of them. For this ombre look, stitch cornrows are separated by small triangular parts, and it’s so trendy.
39. Short Black and Brown Jumbo Knotless Passion Twists
Passion twists have always been cute, but they are beyond fabulous in a jumbo knotless style with two top knot buns!
Summary and Top Picks
There really is no reason not to get jumbo knotless braids. Everything about this protective style is perfection—the smooth hairline, the thick braids, and their long-lasting quality once maintained.
It was a tough one, but my favorite styles from this compilation are:
- #4 Black Jumbo Knotless Goddess Braids: I love this look, mainly for those beautiful tendrils at the end. Any braided style with curls is a yes for me.
- #20 Bold Red Jumbo Knotless Goddess Braids: This bold look is so unforgettable and fashionable it had to make my top picks.
- #25 Golden Brown Jumbo Knotless Braids With High Ponytail: I’m in love with the length of these braids, but the color is just as amazing.
Now, it’s your turn! Which of these jumbo knotless braid styles are the most stylish to you? Let me know what you think in the comments!