Knee-high boots have become quite the all-rounders, complementing ensembles for all seasons of the year. These closet must-haves, however, come out in their numbers for fall and winter—when warm clothing and ultra-chic fashion becomes paramount.
Nonetheless, with such versatility, knee-high boots are being styled with as many mini and midi dresses as they are skinny jeans and knee-length skirts, and I’ve been seeing some of the most stylish looks created as a result. So much so, it’s worth talking about.
For the comfort and contemporary feel they bring, knee-high boots deserve a space in your closet, and I’m about to show you a list of ways you can wear them. Here are cute outfits with knee-high boots that you’ll love.
1. Brown Knee-High Boots With Green Rib-Knit Sweater Dress
I never knew I could love a green and brown outfit combination as much as I love this one.I’m a big fan of sweater dresses so I’m not too surprised but its pairing with these brown knee-high boots is simplicity and sophistication at its finest. Buy this sweater dress at Lulus.
2. Black Long-Sleeve Turtle-Neck Blouse and Black Knee-High Boots With Light Gray Corduroy Mini Skirt
Black is one of my favorite colors because it makes achieving a super chic look so effortless! The slim fit of this long-sleeve top is also flattering, perfectly paired with a light gray corduroy mini skirt.Then, just when you thought this outfit couldn’t get any more stylish, a pair of black knee-high boots prove you wrong, enhancing this mini skirt completely. Buy this mini skirt at Lulus.
3. White Knee-High Boots With Pastel Purple Turtle-Neck Sweater Dress
For a snug sweater dress like this one, a pair of knee-high boots is most fitting. The boots are white so they easily complement the subtle pastel hue of the dress. Buy this dress at Pink Lily.
4. Black Knee-High Boots With Mauve Purple Skater Dress
Mix it up by styling a fun flare-hem dress with knee-high boots. The color combo is so chic as a mauve purple dress transitions to black boots. It’s one of those looks that you'll adore for its versatility. Buy this dress at Lulus.
5. Black Knee-High Boots With Red Rib-Knit Sweater Mini Dress
In this look, classy meets edgy as a daring red rib-knit dress is paired with black knee-high boots. The turtle neck design of this dress also adds to the chic flair. To complete this look, just rock a small black purse. Buy this dress at Lulus.
6. White Knee-High Boots With Mauve Pink Sweater Dress
When I want to look adorable, the first two colors that come to my mind are pink and white. They make one of the best combinations as seen with this mauve pink sweater dress and white knee-high boots. Buy this dress at Lulus.
7. Brown Knee-High Boots With Steel Gray Smocked Shoulder Puff-Sleeve Dress
Steel gray and brown—what a match! This dress is so easy to wear thanks to its lightweight flowy fit and that smocked shoulder, the puff-sleeve design doesn’t go unnoticed either. Buy this dress at Pink Lily.
8. Nude Knee-High Boots With White Sleeveless Tiered Dress
For a girly finish, style your knee-high boots with a flowy white-tiered dress.
Transition from this cute dress to a pair of nude boots with a matching belt. A white crossbody bag would look perfect with this outfit. Buy this dress at Pink Lily.
9. Brown Pants and Black Knee-High Boots With Black Bishop-Sleeve Sweater Dress
I’m loving the versatility of this black sweater dress. It could be worn by itself but it still looks chic paired with these brown pants and then it’s back to black with these chic knee-high boots. Buy this sweater dress at Pink Lily.
10. Brown Knee-High Boots With Cream Turtle-Neck Sweater Dress
If you weren’t in the mood for fall before then you definitely are now. This cream sweater dress, dark brown knee-high boots, and multi-shade brown scarf will have you feeling warm and looking stylish. Buy this dress at Pink Lily.
11. Black Turtle-Neck Cropped Sweater Blouse and Black Knee-High Boots With Brown Button-Front Corduroy Mini Skirt
A corduroy skirt looks right at home styled with a cozy black sweater blouse and matching knee-high boots.If you want to add some color variation, a brown wrap skirt is a great idea. This one features a button-front design making it even more stylish. Buy this skirt at Pink Lily.
12. Black Long-Sleeve Blouse and Brown Snakeskin Knee-High Boots With Rust-Orange Midi Skirt
Move over mini! Even a midi skirt looks fab with knee-high boots and this look doesn;t hold back in showing that off.A black long-sleeve blouse is tucked neatly into a rust-orange skirt with a thigh-high slit that can stop traffic. Enhancing that deep orange hue are trendy brown snakeskin boots. Buy this skirt at Lulus.
13. Gray Blazer, Nude Turtle-Neck Blouse, and Nude Knee-High Boots With Brown Leather Shorts
Skirts and dresses have been taking over but these brown leather shorts didn’t come to play around.Their sleek and fashionable, played up by some snazzy office wear—a gray blazer and nude turtle-neck blouse with nude knee-high boots that make this look runway-ready. Buy this pair of shorts at Lulus.
14. Medium-Wash Blue Jeans and Nude Knee-High Boots With Lime Green Sweater Blouse
Looking sophisticated doesn’t require a lot. All you need is a classic pair of blue jeans and a comfy vibrant lime green sweater blouse, styled with some chic nude knee-high boots to top it all off. Buy this sweater blouse at Pink Lily.
15. Brown Knee-High Boots With Camel Lace Mini Dress
One look at this outfit and autumn comes to mind. The flowy fit of this lace camel mini dress and the warm colors of both the dress and brown knee-high boots match the aesthetic of the season perfectly. Buy this dress at Pink Lily.
16. Blue Jeans and Brown Knee-High Boots With Wine Red and Pink Striped Sweater Blouse
When I want to keep it simple, nothing beats styling my knee-high boots with my favorite pair of jeans. In this case, blue skinny jeans, paired with a gorgeous wine-red and pink striped sweater blouse. Buy this blouse at Pink Lily.
17. Black Leather Knee-High Boots With Black and Silver Sweater Dress
Black plus black equals ultra-chic! This look, however, places a comfy spin on things, thanks to the rib-knit design of this black and silver sweater dress. Buy this dress at Lulus.
18. Black Knee-High Boots With Pink and Black Polka Dot Ruffle Skirt
Of the words I could use to describe this look, classy and adorable come out on top.Classy because of how well these black knee-high boots complement this light pink polka dot dress. Adorable, thanks to its cute ruffle skirt and smocked waist design. Buy this dress at Pink Lily.
19. White Sweater Blouse and Brown Knee-High Boots With Sage Green Leather Mini Skirt
If there’s one color that looks incredible with light brown, it’s sage green. Slip on a sage green mini skirt to complement the soft brown hue of your boots. Add to the sophistication with a snug white sweater. Buy this skirt at Pink Lily.
20. Black Long-Sleeve Blouse and Black Leather Knee-High Boots With Burgundy Plaid Skater Dress
Here’s another stylish dress for you to gush over. This time, it’s a burgundy plaid skater dress, overlaying a sophisticated turtle-neck blouse in black.A thigh slit on the dress highlights the black leather boots that complete this look. Buy this dress at Lulus.
21. Black Long-Sleeve Blouse and White Knee-High Boots With Gray Plaid Dress
There’s no need to keep your fave plaid tank dress tucked away just because summer is over.Revive that stylish piece by wearing a comfy black long-sleeve top underneath. Completing the look with a pair of white knee-high boots. Buy this dress at Pink Lily.
22. White Sweater, Brown Turtle-Neck Blouse, and Brown Knee-High Boots With Rust Plaid Mini Skirt
If not a plaid dress, how about a cute plaid skirt? This mini skirt is giving attitude and fall flair with its warm undertone. It’s played up by a brown turtle-neck top, snug white sweater, and brown knee-high boots. Buy this skirt at Pink Lily.
23. White Mini Skirt and Black Knee-High Boots With Black Long-Sleeve Bodysuit
Black and white outfits always make an impact on me. It’s the neutral theme that I love, the simplicity and sophistication displayed by this black bodysuit tucked into a white mini skirt with black knee-high boots. Buy this bodysuit at Pink Lily.
24. Black Blazer, White T-Shirt, and Black Knee-High Boots With Black Shiny Mid-Rise Mini Skirt
Show just how sassy you are in a mid-rise mini-skirt. Tucked inside is a basic white t-shirt, amped up by a black blazer with black knee-high boots to complete the look. Buy this skirt at Lulus.
25. Leopard Print Knee-High Boots With Black Off-the-Shoulder Sheer-Sleeve Bodycon Dress
I’m head over heels for this look! The power of a black sheer-sleeve dress styled with leopard print knee-high boots. It’s a show of confidence and a great sense of fashion. Buy this dress at Lulus.
26. Cream Long-Sleeve Blouse and Knee-High Boots With Brown Plaid Mini Dress
Because plaid is the trend that keeps on giving and this brown and cream combo is a flawless mix of simplicity and sophistication. Buy this dress at Lulus.
27. Tan Knee-High Boots With Lilac Cable Knit Sweater Dress
Let’s place this lilac sweater dress in the foreground because it’s the star of this outfit. It’s complemented by a pair of tan knee-high boots. Such an example of how effortless looking cute should be. Buy this dress at Pink Lily.
Summary and Top Picks
Knee-high boots will complete your outfit in an instant. The coverage, comfort, and style they provide place them in a league of their own which is why they’re so essential to your wardrobe.
This compilation shows how you can style knee-high boots with a variety of clothing items you already own, from dresses to skirts and jeans. I’ve already garnered a few ideas I plan to try myself, and with that said, my favorites from this list are:
- #2 Black Long-Sleeve Turtle-Neck Blouse and Black Knee-High Boots With Light Gray Corduroy Mini Skirt: For a naturally posh look, pairing black with gray won’t disappoint. It’s that chic neutral effect!
- #3 White Knee-High Boots With Pastel Purple Turtle-Neck Sweater Dress: I absolutely love the subtle color combination of purple and white.
- #25 Leopard Print Knee-High Boots With Black Off-the-Shoulder Sheer-Sleeve Bodycon Dress: I couldn't resist including this showstopping animal print look.