Thigh tattoos are a common favorite since they’re easy enough to cover up or show off, depending on what you’re wearing. This makes it practical when you have a job that requires you to cover up your tattoos.
You also have the option of putting a small tattoo high up on your thigh so only you know it’s there — in other words, a secret tattoo.
Design-wise, there are endless options, but today I’ll be covering thigh tattoo quotes. They’re an easy way to express how you feel or what you believe in. Plus, you can keep them as simple calligraphy tattoos or go with an elaborate, artsy design if you want.
So, are you ready to dive in?
1. “You Never Know How Strong You Are Until Being Strong Is the Only Choice You Have” Thigh Quote Tattoo With Crown and Orchids
I really love this quote — it couldn’t be more true. Oftentimes we forget our true strength until we face up against a circumstance that forces us to be strong. This tattoo quote can be a helpful reminder of your true strength in moments that you need it most.I also love the design with the crown and orchids. It’s super elegant, detailed, and artsy. I’d love to show this one off with a cute skater skirt.
2. “Everything Happens for a Reason” Calligraphy Thigh Quote Tattoo
When life is confusing and chaotic, it can be good to remind yourself that everything happens for a reason. This design is kept cute and simple with a curly calligraphy font.
3. “It’s Never Too Late to Start the Rest of Your Life” Simple Thigh Quote Tattoo
When things get tough, it’s easy to think that it’s too late to start over. This small tattoo is a simple reminder that it’s never too late to get up and start again.
4. “Seek Respect Not Attention” Bold Thigh Quote Tattoo
Tattoos are a good way to express your beliefs and opinions on things, especially if you go big and bold like this thigh tattoo. I really like how the artist differentiated the font between ‘respect’ and ‘attention’ to show how they’re conceptually different.
5. “This Too Shall Pass” Simple Red Thigh Quote Tattoo
“This too shall pass” is a popular quote that can be used as both a reminder and also as a memento of a difficult time in your life, so this is a perfect small thigh tattoo if you want to remind yourself to hang in there during challenging times.
6. “We’re All Mad Here” Simple Thigh Quote Tattoo
This is a famous quote from the book “Alice in Wonderland,” said by none other than the Cheshire Cat. Whether you want to show your love for the book or show off your quirky side, this might be the best thigh tattoo for you.
7. “I Was Given This Life Because I Was Strong Enough to Live It” Calligraphy Thigh Quote Tattoo
This thigh tattoo design is great for when you’re going through a difficult time in your life, you overcame something difficult, or you just love a tangible sign of your true strength.
8. “Ohana Means Family. Family Means No One Gets Left Behind or Forgotten” Watercolor-Style Thigh Quote Tattoo
This is a popular quote from the Disney movie Lilo and Stitch. Even though the movie came out in 2002, it’s still just as popular today, especially if you’re a Disney fan.
I also love the unique watercolor art style. It’s not something I often see on tattoos, but it looks gorgeous.
9. “True Friends Are Here for Today and All Your Tomorrows” Thigh Quote Tattoo With Abstract Flowers
Showcase the meaning of true friendship with this gorgeous calligraphy tattoo. The abstract flower above it is very artsy and elegant, making this tattoo stand out among the rest.
If you’re both big into tattoos and got a matching one, this would work well as a best friend tattoo.
10. “I’m Not What I’ve Done. I’m What I’ve Overcome.” Simple Thigh Quote Tattoo
Rather than defining your life by your past, you can define it by the strength you had in overcoming it with this simple calligraphy tattoo.
11. “Embrace What It Is That Makes You Unique Because That Is What Makes You Beautiful” Simple Thigh Quote Tattoo
People often bully those who are considered ‘different,’ but you don’t have to let that define your story. Embrace all the things that make you unique with this elegant thigh tattoo.
12. “You’ll Never Have to Walk Alone” Typewriter-Style Thigh Quote Tattoo With Mountain
This was originally a tattoo that three sisters got together. It’s a lovely way to show how you’re never alone with friends and family on your side.
SEE ALSO: 21 Bold Full Back Tattoos for Women
13. “Love Yourself First” Simple Thigh Quote Tattoo
Show how your well-being is a priority in your life with this cute calligraphy tattoo for women.
14. “I Do What I Do Cause I Am Who I Am” Simple Thigh Quote Tattoo
Tattoos are a great way to express yourself, and there are few better ways than a tattoo that reaffirms your unique identity.
SEE ALSO: 21 Feminine Classy Thigh Tattoos That Are Trending
15. “Dream Without Fear Love Without Limits” Simple Calligraphy Thigh Quote Tattoo
You can also use tattoos to show off what’s most important to you in life, like dreaming big and loving others.
16. “Your Wings Were Ready, but My Heart Was Not” Dragon Wing Thigh Quote Tattoo
“Your wings were ready, but my heart was not” is a famous quote that’s used to commemorate loved ones in your life and honor their memory.
Birds or butterflies are usually depicted alongside this quote, but you can also use a dragon wing for a unique touch.
17. “Be Patient, Everything Comes to You in the Right Moment” Thigh Quote Tattoo With Purple Flowers
Being patient with things can be difficult, but you don’t have to wait to get an awesome thigh tattoo like this one. Not only is the meaning beautiful, but the purple flowers are as well.
18. “What Is Stronger Than the Human Heart Which Shatters Over and Over and Still Lives” Simple Thigh Quote Tattoo
Having your heart shattered doesn’t mean you’re broken. It’s actually quite the opposite — living through and overcoming the pain of something is a sign of true strength.
19. “Time Heals What Reasons Cannot” Artsy Thigh Quote Tattoo
This quote is also a popular choice, and it’s easy to see why.
Sometimes things just happen for no reason at all. Rather than trying to find reasons for these things, it’s better to be patient and let time do the work of healing.
I also love the artistic elements of this feminine thigh tattoo, like the heart pocket watch, the roses, the wings, and the butterflies. It’s definitely a standout design that fits with the theme of time and change.
20. “Always Listen to Your Heart Because Even Though It’s on the Left Side, It’s Always Right” Thigh Quote Tattoo With Dreamcatchers and Butterflies
I love this unique thigh tattoo since it not only encourages you to follow your heart in a literal sense but also in a symbolic sense through the dreamcatchers and butterflies (which are associated with dreams and wishes).
21. “Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful” Thigh Quote Tattoo With Roses
There’s a lot of societal pressure on women to be a specific kind of beautiful, but you can reject that mentality by being your own kind of beautiful. What better way to express that than with a gorgeous rose tattoo?
Summary and Top Picks
I hope you enjoyed taking a look at these gorgeous thigh tattoo quotes. They’re easy to either cover up or show off. I loved these designs since they showcased the range of possibilities for thigh tattoo quotes, whether it’s a super simple cursive tattoo or a super bold and artsy one.
But if I had to pick, I’d say these three were my favorites:
- #1 “You Never Know How Strong You Are Until Being Strong Is the Only Choice You Have” Thigh Quote Tattoo With Crown and Orchids: This one is so intricate and detailed. All the line work was expertly done, and I also love how the quote reaffirms true strength.
- #12 “You’ll Never Have to Walk Alone” Typewriter-Style Thigh Quote Tattoo With Mountain: The meaning of this one is beautiful, as is the art. The watercolor style is so gorgeous, and I like the coordinated red/blue/purple color palette.
- #19 “Time Heals What Reasons Cannot” Artsy Thigh Quote Tattoo: This one stood out to me since all the design elements come together so seamlessly, like the butterflies, pocket watch, wings, and so on.
Now it’s your turn. Which quote would you get a tattoo of and why? Let me know in the comments below!