A jean skirt is a go-to fashion item that is generally worn for casual purposes, for instance, with a white t-shirt and sandals.
However, more women are seeing just how versatile a jean skirt really is and are styling them with more sophisticated and dressy pieces like a turtle-neck blouse with high heels and a chic coat.
No matter what you decide to pair them with, these trendy pieces are key to your wardrobe, particularly for those days when you’re not in the mood to wear a pair of jeans. A jean skirt is a fashionable and girly option you can opt for instead.
By the end of this compilation, you’ll have so many new style ideas to try out. See for yourself; here are cute tops to go with jean skirts.
1. Cozy White Sweater Blouse and Chic Brown Knee-High Boots with a Black Jean Mini Skirt
A white sweater blouse styled with a high-waisted, black mini skirt is a cozy and cute style combo. You can make this look more sophisticated with a pair of brown knee-high boots.
Even though you’ll be rocking a mini skirt, the contrast of white, black, and brown provides a very clean and chic appearance. Buy this skirt at Lulus.
2. Cute White Shirt and Green Sandals with High-Waisted, Blue Jean Mini Skirt
If you’re aiming for a trendy look, I recommend styling a cute white shirt with a blue jean mini skirt. By tying the front of the shirt, you’ll add a girly flair as opposed to allowing it to hang loosely and hide the style of your skirt.
Keep this look comfortable with a pair of sandals. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
3. Stylish Brown, Ribbed Halter-Neck Tank Top and Cute Light Brown Sneakers with a Light Blue, High-Waisted Mini Skirt
Wear a brown ribbed halter-neck tank top with a light blue jean skirt for a simple and neat look. Light brown sneakers would be a great addition, giving a sporty vibe and nicely complementing the dark brown shade of your top. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
4. Polished White, Turtle-Neck Blouse and White Boots with Chic Blue, Mermaid Hem, Jean Midi Skirt
Here’s one of the many designs that prove a jean skirt is much more than casualwear. Styled with a polished white turtle-neck blouse and white boots, this blue mermaid hem midi skirt has transformed the entire look into a classy, chic OOTD. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
5. Cute White Crop Top and Stylish Sneakers with a Light Blue, Mini Jean Skirt
A crop top is another casual closet item that looks great with a jean skirt. Owing to the cropped design, this white top brings a youthful and girly touch. White sneakers will match this easy going look effortlessly. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
6. Simple Light Green T-Shirt and Stylish Strappy Black Sandals with Light Blue, Raw-Hem Jean Mini Skirt
A simple t-shirt is a wardrobe staple that is often styled with a jean skirt. If you want a laid back casual outfit, this is an ideal look. Opt for a colored tee to add vibrance.
A pair of strappy black sandals will also increase the overall style of the outfit. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
7. Classic White Tank Top and Cute Nude Sandals with a Fashionable Criss-Cross Wrap, Light Blue Jean Mini Skirt
Wearing a fashionable criss-cross wrap, light blue jean mini skirt will definitely make your outfit a lot more interesting.
This skirt also features a raw-cut hemline with cute buttons at the front. Style with a white tank top and nude sandals for a classic, feminine finish. Buy this skirt at Lulus.
8. Comfy Pink Sweatshirt and Stylish White Sneakers with Cute High-Waisted, Black Jean Mini Skirt
Look comfortable in a cute way by wearing a pretty pink sweatshirt with a high-waisted, black jean mini skirt and stylish white sneakers. Tuck the sweatshirt slightly into your skirt for an even more flattering appearance. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
9. Dressy White Off-the-Shoulder, Ruched Bell Sleeve Top and Cute Pink Heels with a Stunning, Light Blue, Knee-Length Ruffle Jean Skirt
It’s outfits like these that make me excited to get my hands on different styles of jean skirts. The tiered-ruffle, raw-cut hem design of this high-waisted skirt is absolutely stunning.
Leave a remarkable impression by styling this gorgeous piece with a dressy white, off-the-shoulder, ruched top with bell sleeves and cute pink heels. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
10.Classy White Halter-Neck Blouse and White Open-Back Heels with a Light Blue, High-Waisted Sheath Jean Skirt
Match a white halter-neck blouse and white open-back heels with a light blue, sheath jean skirt for a refined and professional look.
The slit positioned at the front of the skirt adds a bit of edge to this look while the bow at the back of the blouse brings a playful and endearing touch, which helps if you want your outfit to look office-ready but not too serious. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
11. Black and White Sweater Blouse and Black High Heel Platform Boots with a Blue Midi Jean Skirt
Sweater blouses work well with jean skirts because they offer comfort and warmth without compromising style.
This black and white sweater blouse was styled with a blue jean midi skirt that has a frontal slit, displaying modesty with an edgy flair.
A pair of black high heel platform boots will fit right into the balance of comfort and trendiness. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
12. Feminine Lavender Ruched, Long-Sleeve Blouse and Casual White Sneakers with a Cute High-Waisted, Light Blue Jean Skirt
When I’m going for a sweet, innocent look, rocking a light blue mini jean skirt with a light or pastel-colored top gets the job done.
This long-sleeved blouse has a feminine lavender shade and a frontal ruched design for that extra girly look. White sneakers fit this look perfectly, bringing a down to earth and chill aura. Buy this skirt at Pink Lily.
13. Classy White, Long-Sleeved Crop Top and White Heels with a Gorgeous Blue, Mermaid Hem Maxi Jean Skirt
Dress to impress in a gorgeous blue, mermaid hem maxi jean skirt styled with a classy long-sleeved crop top and white heels.
I’m in love with the button detail at the front, as well as the high waist design as it hugs the waist and flows downward into that stunning flared finish. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
14. Fashionable Black Crop Top with a Classic Blue Jean Mini Skirt
Crop tops are widely regarded as one of the most loved wardrobe staples and they are among my favorite too. Not only are they easy to wear and comfortable but very fashionable.
Style a black crop top with a blue, high-waisted jean skirt for an everyday casual look. You can keep this outfit laid back with a pair of sneakers or dress it up with high heels. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
15. Stylish White Tie Front Top and Chic Clear Strap Heels with a High-Waisted, Hem Button Up Denim Skirt
In this outfit, a white tie front top is styled with a high-waisted, button up jean skirt and clear strap heels. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
16. Casual White Blouse and White Sneakers with Black and Gray Patchwork Mini Jean Skirt
I’m such a big fan of the patchwork on this black and gray jean mini skirt. It’s a stylish raw-cut hem skirt with an A-line design that adds a hint of femininity.
Pair this unique piece with a simple white t-shirt tucked inside and white sneakers to maintain the neutral-tone and easy-going theme of the outfit. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
17. Sophisticated Brown Blazer, Cute Brown Bralette, and White Sneakers with a Casual Blue Mini Jean Skirt
A brown bralette is a cute piece that will easily complement a casual blue jean skirt. Throw a pair of white sneakers into the mix and you’ve created a go-to chic, sporty OOTD. For a more sophisticated touch, include a brown blazer. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
18. Stylish White, Button-Down Blouse and White Sneakers with High-Waisted, Blue Mini Jean Skirt
Allow your style to flirt for you; rock a white, button-down blouse with a high-waisted, blue jean mini skirt. Show a bit of skin by leaving just a few buttons loose. Dress down with sneakers or make it classy with a pair of high heels. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
19. Cute White, V-Neck Crop Top and Casual White Sneakers with a Girly Blue, Pleated Jean Skirt
A short-sleeved, white crop top with a blue, pleated mini jean skirt and white sneakers; it doesn’t get any cuter than this outfit!
It’s really all in the details too. The top’s flirty cropped length and alluring deep v-neck cut along with the skirt’s flared hemline are what make this outfit so stylish and preppy. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
20. Charming White Sweetheart-Neckline Crop Top and White High Heels with Elegant Blue A-line Jean Skirt
This white crop top has elegance written all over it with a sweetheart-neckline and charming mesh detail formed into frills around the sleeves and neckline as well.
Completed with a beautiful high-waisted, blue A-line jean skirt and high heels, this classy look will have you stealing hearts. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
21. Stylish White Turtle-Neck, Bell-Sleeve Sweater Blouse and Casual White Sneakers with a Cute Black Mini Jean Skirt
For a cute and comfy jean skirt outfit, a great idea is to style a black mini jean skirt with a white sweater blouse and white sneakers.
With a turtle-neck and bell-sleeve design, this top extra is stylish while the sneakers bring a casual, sporty vibe. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
22. Casual White Graphic T-Shirt and Comfy White Sneakers with a Fashionable Light Blue Drawstring Mini Jean Skirt
A white graphic tee styled with a light blue mini jean skirt is a fun, outgoing look that you can easily complement with a pair of comfortable white sneakers.
With the t-shirt tucked in you’ll be able to show off the skirt’s fashionable drawstring detail that makes it easily adjustable. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
23. Girly Green Tie-Dye Top and Cute Clear Heels with a High-Waisted, Light Blue, Button-Side Midi Jean Skirt
A tie front blouse will always look stylish when worn with a jean skirt. This green tie-dye top is not too fussy yet girly enough to keep up with this high-waisted, button-side midi jean skirt.
As you approach the hemline, undo some of the buttons to present a flirty vibe. Complete this cute look with clear high heels. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
24. Cute White Sleeveless Crop Top and Comfy White Sneakers with a Chic, Pink Belted Maxi Jean Skirt
This pretty pink belted maxi jean skirt is already such an ultra-chic piece that will make you stand out no matter what you style it with.
To maintain an effortlessly flawless appearance, slip on a cute white sleeveless crop top and white sneakers to look like a down to earth fashionista. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
25. Comfy Purple Long-Sleeved Sweatshirt and Stylish White and Purple Sneakers with a Light Blue Mini Jean Skirt
For a no-hassle casual combo, get dressed in a warm sweatshirt tucked into a light blue mini jean skirt. Keep this look casual and laid-back with fashionable sneakers. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
26. Cute Black Crop Top and Edgy Black Lace-Up Boots with a Black Mini Jean Skirt
An all-black jean skirt look is a go-to fashion-forward outfit that will have you out of the house in no time while looking prepared for the day ahead.
Complement this crop top, mini jean skirt ensemble with black lace up boots for a bold finish. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
27. Sophisticated White, Long-Sleeved, Turtle-Neck Blouse and Classy Clear High Heels with a Stylish Blue Knee-Length Jean Skirt
Girl, get yourself a midi jean skirt with a stylish center slit and you’ll see how much more enthused you’ll be about getting dressed up.
Pair this closet must-have with a cute white, long-sleeved, turtle-neck blouse and clear high heels for an overall poised and presentable finish. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
28. Stylish White, Bell-Sleeved Blouse and Chic White High Heel Boots with a Blue Mini Jean Skirt
For a doll-like OOTD sport, a white bell-sleeved blouse with a stylish lace detail tucked into a blue jean mini skirt. Wear sleek white high heel boots to make this look extra chic. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
29. Snug Mint-Green Cropped Sweatshirt and Cute Mint-Green Platform Slippers with a Blue Mini Jean Skirt
Flaunt a blue mini jean skirt with a mint green cropped sweatshirt and look cozy and fashionable all day long. Top it all off with a pair of cute platform slippers. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
30. Posh Black Off Shoulder Top and Chic Chain Strap Heels with a Stylish Blue Slit Front Jean Skirt
This blue slit front jean skirt and black off the shoulder top is posh and modest.
The skirt’s length combined with the design of this cute top make this a comfortable outfit to have on standby for those dressier occasions.
Style this with chain strap heels to maintain that chic essence. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
31. Chic White, Long-Sleeved Ribbed Blouse and Classy White Heels with High-Waisted, Blue Mini Jean Skirt
Style a white, long-sleeved ribbed blouse and high-waisted, blue mini jean skirt with white heels for a classy approach. Incorporate a brown purse with gold accessories into this clean-cut look. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
32. Trendy Brown Plaid Shirt, Brown Cropped Tank Top, and Brown Sneakers with a Black Mini Jean Skirt
Add a trendy touch to your jean skirt look of the day with a brown cropped tank top and a long oversized plaid shirt worn over it. Introduce a sporty twist by stepping out in a pair of brown sneakers. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
33. Cute Black, Ruffle-Sleeve Blouse and Chunky Black Sandals with a Blue, Raw-Hem Mini Jean Skirt
Cute and simple looks are still in style. Pair your blue mini jean skirt with a black short-sleeved blouse and chunky sandals to bring that look to life.
You can step outside the box and make your outfit more interesting by wearing pieces that have cute details like this top’s ruffle sleeves and the raw-cut hem design of this jean skirt. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
Summary and Top Picks
No matter the season, a jean skirt is an essential part of your wardrobe and you’ve just seen so many tops that you can style them with, to your liking, and to fit various settings.
I’d snag all these looks right away but my top picks would have to be outfits 4, 10, and 21. They each showcase a jean skirt in a different style, really highlighting their versatile quality and how they accentuate the tops they’re paired with.
Which of these amazing outfits made the top of your list? Do you feel inspired to wear jean skirts more often now? Share your thoughts with me in the comments down below along with any questions you’d love to ask.