A jean skirt is one of those closet basics that every woman needs in her wardrobe.
Given all the outfit possibilities, I’d say they’re as versatile as a good pair of jeans. You can go for a casual look with a tank top and sneakers, or dress it up with a high-neck top and heels.So yes, from lounging around to going to parties and everything in between, there are really no limits to what jean skirts can do. Let’s take a look at some cute outfits with jean skirts so you can see their versatility for yourself.
1. Pink High-Neck Top With Light Wash Jean Mini Skirt and Multicolored Polka Dot Heels
Give your jean skirt outfit a touch of femininity with a sophisticated pink high-neck top and some cute polka dot heels.
Personally, I love the combination between the hot pink and the light wash denim since it tones down the intensity of the color compared to a dark wash denim skirt.The polka dot heels also add an interesting touch to this otherwise solid-color outfit. Buy this skirt at Lulus.
2. White Low-Cut Tank Top With Black Jean Skirt and Sandals
You could get all fancy with layers galore for your jean skirt outfit, but sometimes I find that going back to the basics is best.Take this outfit, for example. While it’s just a solid-color tank top, black denim skirt, and heels, it stands out all on its own thanks to the color coordination and the contrast between the black and white. Buy this skirt at Lulus.
3. White Cut-Out Short Sleeve Shirt With Raw Cut Hem Jean Skirt and Brown Sandals
For a put-together yet casual look, pair a distressed denim mini skirt with a pair of sandals and a white cut-out top. I love how the basic look of the skirt and sandals makes the white cut-out top steal the show. Buy this skirt at Lulus.
4. Red Ruffle Front Puff Sleeve Blouse With Light Wash Jean Mini Skirt and White Strappy Heels
Want to dress up your jean skirt look a bit? Try matching it with a cute blouse and some high heels like in this outfit. Buy this skirt at Lulus.
5. Yellow Asymmetrical Strap Top With Light Wash Distressed Jean Skirt and White Strappy Heels
Jean skirts and strappy heels are rather basic on their own, which you can use to your advantage in an outfit like this.Basics like these call attention to whatever top you’re wearing, just like this yellow asymmetrical strap top. Buy this skirt at Lulus.
6. White Tank Top With Asymmetrical Light Wash Jean Skirt and Nude Sandals
Basics can also call attention to your skirt. The top and strappy heels are pretty standard, allowing the asymmetrical button-front denim skirt to stand out. Buy this skirt at Lulus.
7. Brown Ribbed Top With Medium Wash Side Button Jean Skirt and White Cowboy Boots
Who says boots are only for the fall and winter? Certainly not this model. If you’re not sure how to spice up your tank top and jean skirt outfit in the summer, consider adding some stylish boots like these. Buy this skirt at Pink Lily.
8. Yellow and White Elastic Cuff Floral Blouse With Asymmetrical Medium Wash Skirt and White Cowboy Boots
Denim mini skirts work well for fall when they’re paired with a cute long-sleeve blouse and some boots. Buy this skirt at Pink Lily.
9. Blue High-Neck Ribbed Top With White Jean Fringe Hem Skirt and Woven Wedges
For a casual party look, try pairing a high-neck ribbed top with some wedges and a fringe hem denim skirt. Buy this skirt at Pink Lily.
10. Hot Pink Bodysuit With Light Wash Button Fly Jean Skirt and White Cowboy Boots
Make your summer look stand out with a pair of western boots and an eye-catching hot pink bodysuit. Then add a light wash denim skirt to finish the look. Buy this skirt at Pink Lily.
11. White Floral Strap Bodysuit With Light Wash Paper Bag Jean Skirt
If you want to accentuate your waist, then a paper bag skirt may be the right option for you. It’s cinched at the waist and makes for a great casual look when paired with a bodysuit and sandals. Buy this skirt at Pink Lily.
12. White Crop Top and Light Wash Jean Mini Skirt With Black and White Sneakers
If you’re looking for a more everyday/athletic look, try adding a cropped tank with some comfortable sneakers. It’s a comfy look that’s sure to keep you cool during the summer. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
13. Blue/Purple/White Multicolor Sheer Top Over White Bralette Top With Jean Mini Skirt and Black Platform Sandals
I can’t help but love how unique this look is. Between the blue/purple/white sheer top that reminds me of the ocean to the platform sandals down below, you’re sure to stand out in something like this.I also love the addition of the denim mini skirt here, which brings it back to reality and keeps it from looking too eccentric (if that’s not your thing). Buy this skirt at ASOS.
14. White Bralette Top and Platform Heels With Dark Wash Jean Maxi Skirt
Maxi skirts always have an elegance to them, even when they’re made of denim. Adding the bralette top keeps things looking casual, while the blocky platform heels add a modern twist. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
15. Light Wash Jean Jacket and Medium Wash Jean Mini Skirt With White Ruffle Cropped Tank and Black and White Sneakers
While you might think different denim washes clash in an outfit, this one shows that’s not the case.The medium wash denim mini skirt, light wash denim jacket, and white crop top create a gradient effect that gives the look a unique feel. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
16. Purple Ribbed Knit Top and Light Wash Jean Mini Skirt With Black/White/Purple Sneakers
If you’re looking for a cute athletic outfit for the fall, a knit top, denim skirt, and sneakers are a great place to start. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
17. Blue Tie-Dye Long Sleeve Crop Top With Black Jean Mini Skirt and Zip-Front Boots
Black denim skirts are like leather skirts in that they add an edge to most outfits. To complement this look wear a dark blue tie-dye crop top and some zip-up boots. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
18. Camel Tank Top and Strappy Sandals With Black Jean Mini Skirt
Dress up your favorite tank top and pair of strappy sandals a bit with a black denim mini skirt. It’s the perfect outfit for going out on the town with friends. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
19. Beige Tank Top With Black Jean Mini Skirt and Strappy Platform Sandals
Going all-neutral is one way to create a sophisticated look, just like this beige top and black denim skirt combo.Add some strappy sandals to continue the elegant feel. Then, to top it all off, accessorize with some stylish hoop earrings and a nude nail design. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
20. Orange and White Floral Top With Black Jean Skirt, Jean Jacket, and Platform Boots
Black jean skirts pair well with other black items like this denim jacket and black boots.You could also add a black tank top underneath the jacket for a classy-looking all-black outfit, but you could also go for a bright and bold color to make the entire look stand out. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
21. White Short-Sleeve Shirt and Dark Wash Scalloped Jean Mini Skirt With Black and White Sneakers
While a white shirt and black/white sneakers would normally be casual, you can easily dress them up with a denim mini skirt like this one. I love how the scallop details in the skirt give the outfit a cute twist. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
22. White Ruffle Neck Sweater and Sneakers With Black Button-Front Jean Mini Skirt
For a cozy fall look, pair a denim skirt and sneakers with a warm knit sweater like this one.The sneakers will keep you comfortable while you’re walking around, and the ruffle details in the sweater give the entire outfit a cute twist. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
23. Pattern Crop Top With Blue Jean Skirt and White Sneakers
Most of the casual outfits you could wear with jeans also look great with jean mini skirts, like the crop top and jeans combo.The main differences are that you get to show off your legs and that it makes your outfits feel slightly more dolled up. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
24. White Crop Tank and Cardigan With Black Jean Skirt and Sneakers
Putting a white crop top with a black denim skirt is a classic combo that looks great all by itself.But if you want to take this look to the next level, consider adding a cardigan. Just one small touch adds a new level of elegance to the entire outfit. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
25. White Crop Tank Top With Black Jean Mini Skirt and Strappy Sneakers
Have you ever had trouble deciding between a black denim skirt and a black leather skirt? If you have, then I have the perfect compromise for you: a coated denim skirt.It has the casual comfort of denim with the sheen of leather.. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
26. Landscape Print Tank Top With Black Button Front Jean Midi Skirt and Boots
Art isn’t just something you put up on a wall. These days with screenprinting, wearable art is a real thing, just like this landscape print top. Dress up your favorite artsy top with a denim midi skirt and boots. Buy this skirt at Nasty Gal.
27. White Cropped Tank and Sneakers With Black Jean Mini Skirt
28. White Cropped Tank With Black Jean Mini Skirt and Boots
This outfit is similar to the one I just mentioned, but swapping sneakers with boots gives it a slight edge that can be great if you want a casual concert look. Buy this skirt at Nasty Gal.
29. Dark Wash Denim Crop Top With Matching Mini Skirt and Black/White Sneakers
Many outfits with denim skirts pair a solid color tank or crop top with a denim skirt. Those are great looks, of course, but I couldn’t help not adding to this list a denim top/denim skirt combo.One of the major perks is that this outfit already looks coordinated, like it’s a two-piece set without having to find one yourself. Buy this skirt at Nasty Gal.
30. Black Cropped Tank With Jean Mini Skirt and White Sneakers
Want to turn an athletic look into an athleisure look? Simply swap out your athletic shorts for a denim mini skirt. It’s that easy! Buy this skirt at Nasty Gal.
31. White Cropped Tank and Jean Mini Skirt With Black Leather Jacket and Boots
I mentioned earlier that it might be difficult to choose between denim and leather, but of course, there’s also the option of not choosing. Pairing denim and leather together can look stylish, too.Especially with this outfit — I love all the contrast going on between the light wash denim skirt and white crop top against the black boots and leather jacket. Buy this skirt at Nasty Gal.
32. White Crop Top Sweater and White Sneakers With Asymmetrical Raw Hem Denim Skirt
Symmetry is the standard for most outfits, but what is fashion without breaking a few rules every now and then?It can make even the simplest outfits feel unique, like this crop top paired with the asymmetrical jean skirt. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
33. Blue Crop Tank Top and White Sneakers With White Asymmetrical Waist Zip Fly Denim Skirt
Continuing the asymmetry thread, it’s also possible to pair symmetry and asymmetry for a more balanced feel, like this blue crop tank top and asymmetrical jean skirt. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
34. Cream Button-up Top With Black Jean Midi Skirt and Low Heels
Looking for an elegant and conservative outfit with a denim skirt? Try pairing a denim midi skirt with a button-up top and low heels. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
35. White Tank Top and Ivory Knit Cardigan With Medium Wash Button-Front Midi Skirt and Black/White Sneakers
I love this look because it combines the elegance of cardigans and midi skirts. At the same time, the denim skirt material and the sneakers make it casual enough to go out on the town with. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
36. White Ruched Bralette Top and Woven Sandals With Jean Tiered Ruffle Hem Skirt
If you’re looking to go a little more dressy with your jean skirt outfit, try pairing a crop top with a denim maxi skirt like this one. Of course, not just any top will do — some bralette tops look more athletic and casual.This one works because of the center ruching, which makes it a bit more formal. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
37. White Bralette Top and Button-Front Mermaid Hem Jean Skirt
Usually, when I think of jean skirts, I think of bodycon mini skirts or flowy maxi skirts, but those are far from the only possibilities.Pretty much any skirt you can think of can be denim, just like this mermaid hem jean skirt. Consider pairing it with a nice bralette top like this girl for a two-piece dress feel. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
38. White Ruched Long-Sleeve Crop Top With Black Button-Front Midi Skirt and Transparent Heels
Denim mini skirts are great for more casual or athleisure looks, but what about dressy looks? Is there a denim skirt for that?Well, there is, and it’s a denim pencil skirt. Putting it with a tank top and a blazer or a nice blouse can also make it perfect for meeting business casual dress codes. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
39. White Short-Sleeve V-Neck Crop Top and Sneakers With Pleated Dark Wash Jean Skirt
If you’re looking for more of a cutesy jean skirt look, try getting a ruffled jean mini skirt and pairing it with a crop top. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
40. Pink Floral Cropped Blouse With Belted Jean Skirt and Brown Strappy Heels
For a feminine jean skirt look, try pairing a belted denim skirt with a cute cropped floral blouse and heels. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
41. Black Tube Top With Blue Marble Print Jean Skirt and Black Boots
Most of the time, jean skirts are green, black, or white, but I love how this one doesn’t follow the rules. It goes for a bright blue marble pattern that’s impossible to miss.I also love how it’s paired with simple elements like a black tube top and black boots to keep it from looking too busy. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
42. White Halter Crop Top With Paperbag Waist Button Front Belted Denim Skirt and Transparent Heels
I love how feminine this outfit is, from the white halter crop top to the denim paperbag skirt. The bodycon fit is also flattering if you’re looking to show off your curves. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
43. White Tie-Front Lacy Cropped Camisole and Woven Heels With Asymmetrical Dark Wash Ruffle Hem
Outfits are all in the little details, and these ones are all on point for me. The tie-front ribbon and the lace details in the camisole have a very ladylike feel, which is continued by the ruffled hem skirt. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
44. Multicolored Halter Top and Black Raw Hem Jean Maxi Skirt and Brown Strappy Sandals
Even denim maxi skirts can make you ready for summer, depending on what items they’re paired with. Adding a textured halter top, a sun hat, and some sandals gives the outfit beachy vibes. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
45. White Off Shoulder Top and White Boots With Paperbag Waist Ruffle Hem Belted Denim Skirt
To me, denim skirts are a must-have for casual events. They're perfect for when you want to feel a little dressed up without going overboard, like this cute off shoulder blouse and tie-front maxi skirt.If strappy heels aren’t your thing, you could also wear a pair of white boots or flats to achieve a similar look. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
46. White Tank Top With Mermaid Hem Jean Skirt and Burgundy Flats
The white tank/light wash denim skirt combo is a classic, but if you’re looking to shake things up, one way to do it is through cute shoes and accessories. This girl gave the outfit a twist through the burgundy flats and purse.The dark red color contrasts with the rest of the outfit, giving it a unique feel. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
47. Black Long Sleeve Crop Top With Gradient Wash Jean Midi Skirt and Brown Strappy Low Heels
Can’t decide between light and medium wash denim skirts? Well, with gradient wash skirts, you don’t have to!Pair a gradient wash skirt with neutral pieces like this black crop top and these brown strappy heels for a standout look. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
48. White Scallop Hem Crop Top and Strappy Heels With Jean Flared Skirt
Flared denim skirts give your outfit a beautiful silhouette. It’s almost like you’re wearing a fancy dress, but with denim instead. Keep the elegance by adding a cute off-the-shoulder blouse like this one. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
49. White Off-The-Shoulder Top and Black Split Hem Jean Skirt With Nude and Black Heels
Pencil skirt looks don’t all need to be business casual. They’re also great for when you want to accentuate your hips, thanks to the bodycon fit.Then, simply add an off-the-shoulder blouse and heels for a sexy, flattering look. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
50. Blue and Black Swirl Top with Jean Midi Skirt and Black Leather Boots
If you have two standout elements in your outfit like this blue and black swirl top and these knee-high leather boots, then adding a denim midi skirt can help the outfit feel more balanced. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
51. Black and White Stripe V-Neck Top With Button-Front Jean Maxi Skirt and White Sneakers
I love a good striped shirt/jeans/sneakers combo, but on days when I’m feeling fancy, I sometimes like to swap the jeans with a denim maxi skirt.It’s such a simple change, but it dramatically affects the outfit as a whole. It’s enough to turn everyday wear into something that’s event-ready. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
52. Black Bralette Top with Purple Tie-Dye Jean Skirt and White Sneakers
With the sea of blue denim skirts out there, I always love finding one that’s super unique.This one is just that with its purple and white tie-dye color palette. In a simple outfit with a bralette top and sneakers, it’s capable of standing out all on its own. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
53. White Crop Top and Beaded Jean Skirt with White Strappy Heels
Wearing a sparkly top and a denim skirt is always an option for a party look. But if you’re looking for something different, I recommend a beaded denim skirt like this one.The beads stand out against the blue color palette and give the outfit a bit of pizazz. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
54. White Tank Top and Burgundy Flats With Ruffle Hem Belted Denim Skirt
Belts are functional, yes, but they also serve to create new fashion possibilities. You could tuck a white tank top into a denim belted skirt like this one for a polished look.Or, if you’re looking for something more eccentric, you could use a brightly colored belt to make your entire outfit stand out. Buy this skirt at HEIN.
55. Navy and White Long-Sleeve Top With Jean Dark Wash Midi Skirt and Ivory Sneakers
For a conservative casual look, try pairing a denim midi skirt with a long-sleeve striped top and sneakers. Buy this skirt at Etsy.
Summary and Top Picks
I hope this article helped you explore all the diversity when it comes to jean skirts. There are so many to choose from, from classic blue to coated to even purple tie-dye denim skirts.
Picking my favorites was a tough choice this time around, but I’ve narrowed it down to:
#1 Pink High-Neck Top With Light Wash Jean Mini Skirt and Multicolored Polka Dot Heels
#19 Beige Tank Top With Black Jean Mini Skirt and Strappy Platform Sandals
#48 White Scallop Hem Crop Top and Strappy Heels With Jean Flared Skirt
For me, these outfits redefined the casual look I normally associate with jean skirts into something elegant.But I’d love to hear from you — which of these looks were your favorites? Did you have any other comments or questions after seeing all these jean skirt looks? Let me know in the comments below!