A flannel shirt is a casual, plaid piece made of soft woven fabric. It’s a comfy, relaxed button-up shirt that looks great with other laid back pieces such as jeans, skirts, boots, and flats. Flannel shirts can be worn by both genders but in this post, I’ll be highlighting how they can be styled in a feminine wardrobe.
Flannel shirts look most appropriate when styled in a casual look, but you can also dress things up with a trendy pair of shoes, a fashionable skirt and chic accessories. Also, because they’re so neat in appearance, you can easily wear them outside your jeans or tucked in if you’d prefer. Flannel shirts also give your outfit a smart, polished look. Basically, there are tons of benefits these shirts provide. Here are 21 cute outfits to inspire you.
1. Black Leggings and White Loafers with White and Black Flannel Shirt
Flannel shirts also look amazing when incorporated into a casual sporty look. Paired with black leggings, white loafers, and black sunglasses this outfit is as relaxed and chic as it gets.
2. White and Red Graphic T-Shirt, Light Blue Shorts, and White Sneakers with Red and Black Flannel Shirt
Flannel shirts can also double as comfy cardigans just by the way you style them with your other pieces.
This red and black flannel shirt is being worn over a white and red graphic tee that’s tied into a cute knot at the side, along with cute light blue shorts and white sneakers.
3. Red and Black Scarf, Blue Jeans, and Red Heels with Black and White Flannel Shirt
This is another look that shows just how heels can really elevate your flannel shirt outfit. The red heels are matching the black and red scarf she’s wearing over this white and black flannel top. Blue jeans are also being worn in this casual, sophisticated ensemble.
4. Light Blue Ripped Jeans and Brown Booties with Yellow, White, and Black Flannel Shirt
This flannel shirt has a beautiful yellow shade. It’s bright but subtle enough to not overpower the look.
The slightly soft, yellow tone looks lovely with these light blue ripped jeans and light brown booties as well, making it ideal for a sunny day in springtime or even the fall season when you want to add some color.
5. Mustard Cardigan, Black Leggings, and Brown Knee-High Boots with Black and White Flannel Shirt
This black and white flannel shirt is being comfortably worn with black leggings, brown knee-high boots, and a mustard cardigan. This is an example of how easy flannel shirts are to style.
Your leggings will work so well with your flannel shirt as they too are must-have casual pieces. A cardigan and boots are also wardrobe basics that add extra comfort and style to your look.
6. Black Leather Jacket, Black Jeans, and Black Booties with Red and Black Flannel Shirt
Show off just how fearless you are by matching a black leather jacket with your flannel shirt, black jeans, and a pair of chic black booties.
Black is naturally a powerful statement color and always looks great with red, which is why this red and black flannel shirt fits right into this look.
7. Blue Ripped Jeans and White Sneakers with Blue and Red Flannel Shirt
This blue and red flannel shirt was paired with blue ripped jeans and white sneakers. The white sneakers turn this outfit into a fun, feminine, casual look because white is often seen as a girly or ladylike color.
8. Gray Blazer, Blue Jeans, and Nude Flats with Blue and Red Flannel Shirt
Here's another flannel shirt ensemble with jeans. This look was styled with a gray blazer and flats for a relaxed, yet slightly professional finish.
9. Light Blue Ripped Jeans and Nude Booties with Red and Green Flannel Shirt
I'd certainly wear this look during the fall. The flannel shirt has a burning red shade which reminds me so much of how the leaves look during that season.
This top was matched with light blue ripped jeans, a pair of nude booties, a brown shoulder purse and nude hat for an urban, fashion forward mix.
10. Khaki Skirt and Blue and Red Flats with Blue and Green Flannel Shirt
Pairing a flannel shirt with a skirt will give you an idea of how well they work in a dressy outfit. In this look, a blue and green flannel shirt is tucked into a khaki skirt with a pair of blue and red flats to match the top.
This look takes the flannel shirt out of its comfort zone just a bit since they're generally paired with jeans. However, with this khaki skirt the look is still very cute and easy going.
11. Light Green Skinny Jeans and Nude Block Heels with White, Black, and Gray Flannel Shirt
Heels will easily upgrade your flannel shirt look into a chic style combo. This white, black, and gray flannel shirt was paired with light green skinny jeans and a pair of nude block heels, creating a classy casual blend.
12. Black Crop Top, Light Blue Jeans, and White Sneakers with Black and White Flannel Shirt
Style your flannel shirt with loose fitting blue jeans, white sneakers, and a black crop top for an edgy, urban style combo.
Tying the flannel shirt around the waist of your jeans while your crop top shows off a bit of your stomach also includes a sassy touch.
13. White Blouse, Blue Jeans Jumper, and Black Boots with Black and Red Flannel Shirt
Try tying your flannel shirt around the waist of your jeans jumper as well, to add a youthful and trendy flair to the whole look.
A basic white top is being worn underneath the jeans jumper, allowing the black and red flannel shirt to really glow and stand out. The black boots give this look a rocker chic vibe while also maintaining the casual essence.
14. White Blouse, Light Blue Ripped Jeans, and White Sneakers with Green and White Flannel Shirt
This style combo has an edgy, sporty vibe. I love how the green and white flannel shirt is slightly oversized which adds to the laid back street look of the outfit.
The flannel shirt is being worn over a basic white top, light blue ripped jeans, and white sneakers for a clean, simple, and fresh look. A black purse was added, and it is so cute.
15. Black Tank Top and Blue Shorts with Black and White Flannel Shirt
You can also pair your flannel shirt with denim shorts. This oversized plaid shirt was paired with a simple tank top, denim shorts with a black belt for a cute, relaxed casual summer look.
16. White Blouse, Black Jeans, and Brown Booties with Red and Black Flannel Shirt
Style your flannel shirt with a pair of brown booties, classic black jeans, and a basic white blouse for an effortlessly chic ensemble.
This black and red flannel shirt blends nicely with her brown booties and matching hat to create the ideal fall look because of warm, earth tones. Add some cool shades to accessorize.
17. Black A-line Mini Skirt, Black Leggings, and Black Boots with Red and Blue Flannel Shirt
An A-line mini skirt, leggings, and boots paired with your flannel shirt will look simply adorable.
This red and blue flannel top was tucked into her black, A-line mini skirt for a more refined, feminine finish.
18. Gray Tank Top, Blue Ripped Jeans, and Silver Flats with Purple and Blue Flannel Shirt
Flannel shirts can also add a dressier touch to a really basic casual look. This purple and blue shirt was thrown over a simple gray tank top with blue distressed jeans and a pair of silver flats.
Without the flannel shirt, this look would just be your everyday casual outdoor ensemble but the flannel shirt adds some color and life to the outfit.
19. White Blouse, Light Brown Cropped Jeans, and Black Chukka Boots with Red and Black Flannel Shirt
This long red and black flannel shirt reminds me of a stylish trench coat. Trench coats make your outfit look more sophisticated and well put together.
Paired with a white top, light brown cropped jeans, and a pair of black chukka boots this look is simple but tasteful as well.
20. Black Dress and White Sneakers with Black and White Flannel Shirt
A black dress is a wardrobe must-have, whether it be for work or any formal event. One of the cutest ways to style your black dress is by tying your flannel shirt around your waist.
White sneakers were added to give this look a sporty appearance which complements the flannel shirt well because of the black and white pattern it has.
21. Black Jeans and Brown Boots with Red, Black, and White Flannel Shirt
This red, black, and white flannel shirt reminds me of Christmas, since Christmas colors are generally red and white. It was styled in a casual combo with black jeans, thick white socks and brown boots.Now that you’ve seen all the ways you can style your flannel shirt, do you feel motivated to try different looks? Which look really stood out to you? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.