I usually associate leather skirts with edgy fashion, like something you’d wear to a rock concert. I think they’ll always fit well into that style, but there are also a host of other aesthetics they fit with as well.From elegant to casual to feminine, there’s definitely a way to incorporate a leather skirt into your style. So, without further ado, let’s take a look at some cute outfits to wear with a leather skirt.
1. White Ruffle Top and Black Leather Mini Skirt With Heels
If your black leather skirt outfit feels a little plain, try adding a visually interesting top like this white ruffle one. Then just add some matching heels to finish the look. Buy this skirt at Lulus.
2. White Tank Top With Black Leather Skirt and Strappy Heels
Keep things simple by pairing your black leather skirt with a white tank top and some strappy heels. The simplicity also gives you an effective blank canvas to accessorize as you see fit.You could add a choker necklace like this girl. I’d also recommend adding a fun layered necklace or some dangly earrings to spice things up a bit. Buy this skirt at Lulus.
3. White Tank Top and Black Leather Jacket With Heels and Wine Pencil Skirt
Wine red is such a classy color, and I have to say it looks even classier when it’s on a leather pencil skirt. Adding a tucked-in tank top and heels can help keep the theme. I also love the addition of the leather jacket for a slight edge. Buy this skirt at Lulus.
4. Gray T-Shirt With Dark Plum Ruched Leather Skirt and Black Boots
If your t-shirt is feeling a little bland, but you still love wearing it, try adding a leather mini skirt and some boots.It adds some elegance to the outfit without looking too formal. It’s a great outfit for a trip to the mall or when you’re hanging out with some friends. Buy this skirt at Lulus.
5. White Tie-Front Top With Multicolored Heels and Dark Brown Pleated Leather Skirt
While pleated mini skirts tend to have a cute look, pleated midi skirts tend to exude elegance. The leather also gives the outfit a bit of edginess, which is accentuated by the bold tie-front top and multicolored heels.If you aren’t comfortable with something that revealing, you could also lean more on the elegant style. Just add a white bodysuit and some sleek heels to finish the look. Buy this skirt at Lulus.
6. Black and White Patterned V-Neck Tee With Black Leather Split-Hem Mini Skirt and Boots
The low-cut patterned top and the split hem mini skirt create a bold look that’s sure to turn heads. Buy this skirt at Lulus.
7. Black Tank Top With Ruched Leather Skirt and Heels
When I’m overthinking an outfit, I like to remind myself that simplicity is best. This outfit exemplifies that concept, pairing the black skirt with a matching tank top and heels. Buy this skirt at Pink Lily.
8. Black Ruffled Tank Top and Boots With Cream Leather Skirt
Adding a ruffle top and some cute fringe boots can make your leather skirt feel a little cuter. Buy this skirt at Pink Lily.
9. Black Square-Neck Bodysuit With Leopard Leather Skirt and Nude Heels
Have a patterned leather skirt that you’re just dying to show off? Put it with some neutral, solid color pieces to put the pattern on full display. Buy this skirt at Pink Lily.
10. Leopard Print Long-Sleeve Top With Black Leather Skirt and Combat Boots
Worried your outfit might look too boring? Try combining patterns and textures, like this snake texture leather skirt, leopard print top, and embossed combat boots. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
11. White High Neck Ribbed Crop Top With Split Hem Brown Leather Skirt and Strappy Black Platform Heels
I love this as a party look. The leather split hem skirt steals the show, and the platform heels add elegance and make the look feel complete. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
12. White Graphic Tee and Lilac Jacket With Matching Leather Skirt and White Boots
This is a business look with a twist. The lilac blazer is standard fare, but the graphic tee and short leather skirt add a rebellious flair to the outfit. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
13. Cropped Black Tank and Leather Jacket With Matching Skirt and Heels
This is another all-black outfit, but rather than taking on a more simple style, it’s more on the edgy side since the black leather gets a chance to shine in the jacket and the skirt. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
14. White Cropped T-Shirt and Black Leather Jacket With Belted Pleated Hem Skirt and Platform Boots
The multiple leather items and combat boots give this outfit an edge. At the same time, the butterfly tip and pleating in the skirt give it a cute twist.This is the perfect example of how you can combine aesthetics to create a unique look. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
15. Black Bralette Top and Olive Green Jacket With Matching Pleated Leather Skirt and Black Boots
I can’t help but love how unique this look is. The oversized blazer normally suggests professionalism, but the pleated midi skirt gives it an elegant twist. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
16. Beige Ribbed Cropped Turtleneck and Burgundy Leather Skirt With Black Boots
Is the weather feeling a little chilly, but you aren’t sure if sweaters go well with leather?Well, this look proves that you can, combining the burgundy skirt with the neutral turtleneck up top. Then add some boots, and you’re ready for your trendiest fall wardrobe yet. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
17. White One-Shoulder Long-Sleeved Top and Heels With Pink Leather Skirt
One of the lesser known uses for leather skirts is putting it into a feminine outfit like this one. A simple color swap is all you need to make your leather skirt fit perfectly. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
18. Black T-Shirt and Denim Jacket With Crocodile Leather Mini Skirt and Boots
If you want something more textured than sleek, then going for crocodile-style leather may be the right choice for you.And if that’s not enough texture for you, adding a loose t-shirt and a denim jacket is enough to make your outfit the star of the show. Buy this skirt at ASOS.
19. Leather Sleeveless Bralette Top With Matching Belted Mini Skirt and Strappy Heels
Leather jackets and leather skirts are a classic combo, but you can make your outfit feel like a two-piece set with a leather crop top and a leather skirt.To continue the coordinated feel, just add some black strappy heels. Buy this skirt from Nasty Gal.
20. White Short-Sleeve Top With Black Fringe Leather Skirt and Boots
Try shaking up the classic white top and black leather skirt look with a fun fringe leather skirt like this one. Whether you’re headed to a party or you’re just walking around town, it’s sure to be eye-catching. Buy this skirt at Nasty Gal.
21. Brown and White Animal Print Button-up Top With Brown Leather Mini Skirt and White Boots
Looking to show off your wild side? An animal print top and a leather mini skirt may just be the look for you. Buy this skirt at Nasty Gal.
22. Black Leather CropTop With Matching Belted Leather Skirt and Strappy Heels
Make your leather skirt look like a dress with a leather tank top and a belt.You can add some strappy heels like this girl to make it feel more feminine, or you can go full edginess and add some black combat boots. Buy this skirt at Nasty Gal.
23. Cream Sweater With Brown Leather Skirt and Matching Boots
Combine a leather skirt with a sweater and some knee-high boots for a comfy cozy look. This outfit is perfect for fall or even winter. Buy this skirt at Nasty Gal.
24. Zebra Print Low Cut Top and Matching Low Heels With Black Slitted Leather Skirt
I love pairing leather skirts with animal prints. And I mean, can you blame me? With bold show-stopper outfits like this, it’s not a wonder why the combination works so well. Buy this skirt at Nasty Gal.
25. Black Graphic Tee and Denim Jacket With Leather Skirt and Boots
This is another look that makes a leather skirt look good.A black tee with leather skirt and boots gives an awesome look. Buy this skirt at Nasty Gal.
26. Black Crocodile Leather Bralette Top With Matching Cut-Out Midi Skirt and Rhinestone Heels
Pencil skirts don’t always have to be formal, and this outfit is proof positive.The tight skirt with its crocodile leather style and cut-outs on the sides probably isn’t good for office wear, but it is perfect for going bold at a party. Buy this skirt at Nasty Gal.
27. Loose Gray Sweater With Black Pleated Skirt and Boots
If you feel like lounging around, but you still want to put on your leather skirt, you don’t have to compromise. Pair a comfy loose sweater with your skirt, and you’re ready to go. Buy this skirt at Nasty Gal.
28. White Low-Cut Collared Top With Khaki Pleated Leather Skirt and Thigh-High Black Boots
Give your leather skirt look a sassy flair with a low-cut top and some knee-high boots. Buy this skirt at Nasty Gal.
29. Black Leather Top With Black Ruffled Leather Skirt and Black High Boots
Even black leather skirts can look a little cutesy when they’re ruffled and paired with a stylish tube top and high boots. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
30. White Ruffle Neck Ribbed Top and Black Leather Jacket With Ruched Mini Skirt and Boots
Show off your hips by going for a ruched leather skirt, then from there, the style of the outfit is up to you.You could go in an edgy direction like this girl by adding a leather jacket and combat boots. Or, if you want a more refined feel, consider adding a black blazer and some loafers or heels. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
31. White Collared Top With Black Ruched Leather Skirt and Rhinestone Heels
I should probably mention that you don’t even need a blazer to give your ruched leather skirt outfit a more refined look.Using a collared top is enough, and then you can accessorize with a stylish black handbag, jewelry, and rhinestone heels. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
32. Beige Turtleneck Top with Knee-High Boots and Quilted Brown Leather Mini Skirt
Love the look of leather, but it doesn’t feel elegant enough? Try out a quilted leather skirt. Then get a turtleneck sweater and knee-high boots to get the look fall-ready. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
33. Hot Pink Ruched Top With Black Tiered Leather Maxi Skirt and White Boots
This outfit ticks all the boxes for me — it’s unique, combines textures, and even has some color contrast. Plus the flattering ruching in the top and the asymmetrical skirt? It’s hard not to love it. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
34. Periwinkle Blue Cropped Graphic Tee With Black Zip-up Leather Skater Skirt and Combat Boots
Go for a fun and unique look by pairing a cropped graphic tee with a leather skater skirt. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
35. Red High Neck Blouse With Black Button-up Leather Skirt and Strappy Heels
This outfit feels like the very definition of sophistication, which is not something I would have ordinarily expected out of a leather skirt. But hey, it works, and I have to say it works very well.The button-up leather skirt and the strappy heels work as an elegant base for the red high-neck blouse to steal the show. Buy this skirt at SHEIN.
Summary and Top Picks
Did you enjoy this little venture into the world of leather skirts? I hope it can help you land on some perfect new outfit ideas that match your style to a T.
Personally, my favorite looks were 25 (Black Graphic Tee and Denim Jacket With Leather Skirt and Boots), 33 (Hot Pink Ruched Top With Black Tiered Leather Maxi Skirt and White Boots), and 35 (Red High Neck Blouse With Black Button-up Leather Skirt and Strappy Heels). All of these looks create a dramatic statement that would surely make someone the talk of the town.
But I’d love to know what you think. Which outfits were your favorites? Leave any comments and questions you have in the comments below.